Jobopslag: First Team Strength Coach
F.C. Copenhagen is recruiting a Strength Coach from 2021.
Based at our training ground in Frederiksberg and reporting to the First Team fitness coach, the Strength Coach will lead, oversee and coordinate all gym related training, supporting the fitness staff and medical staff with programming and delivery of strength training, both related to injured and non-injured players, as well as the pre training preparation sessions.
The key duties of this role include:
- Planning and delivery of all team and individual gym sessions
- Planning and delivery of all pre training/ pre activation sessions
- Assisting the medical staff during the rehab process of injured players
- Assisting the first team fitness coach with general tasks
- Performance testing of the first team squad
- Working closely with the first team fitness coach to identify the requirements of first team players based on the playing style, and how on pitch performance can be improved through training in the gym
- Identifying individual and team physical strengths and weaknesses and monitoring the improvement of these
- Supporting research projects in the fitness department
We are looking for
The ideal candidate will first and foremost have a high level of knowledge of strength and power training and development. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate this knowledge effectively with colleagues and players.
Furthermore, the candidate will have an organised and calm approach to work in this constantly moving environment.
Qualifications and skills
- You have an in-depth and demonstrable knowledge of strength and power training
- You have a university degree in sport science/strength & conditioning or related degree
- You are analytically proficient and have an understanding of performance testing, and the training required to improve weaknesses
- You have a good understanding of the periodisation of strength training and its integration with on field training
- You have a good understanding of transfer of training
- You are a great communicator who can both demand high levels of performance whilst creating and maintaining great relationships with players and staff
- You thrive in a performance environment through a high drive and an organised approach
- You see solutions rather than problems and are able to maintain composure and calmness during high levels of stress
- You have worked with elite team sport athletes for a minimum of 5 years
- You have a proven track record of developing the physical capabilities of these athletes
Apply here (closing date: 26th March 2021)
Shortly after the closing date, successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process. Interviews will take place from the end of March to the beginning of April.
Please note that we will only accept applications through the dedicated link above.