22 / 06 2012 18:45
Ariel Jacobs appointed new FCK manager
FC Copenhagen can today present their new manager, Ariel Jacobs, who has signed a two-year deal with the club. The 58-year-old Belgian has agreed to join the club with immediate effect, and will start training with the squad presently.
Jacobs stepped down from the RSC Anderlecht post at the end of last season after four campaigns with the Belgian side. He led the club to two league titles, his most recent triumph coming in May. His pedigree does not stop there, for Jacobs was named Coach of the Year in Belgium during the 2009/10 season and qualified for the last 16 of the UEFA Europa League last term.
Copenhagen's CEO Anders Hørsholt spoke to FCK.dk about the appointment:
- We have been thorough in our search for a new head coach, and Ariel Jacobs has the profile that we have sought. He comes to FC Copenhagen with valuable experience and knowledge from many years of Belgian and international football, where he has delivered impressive results in a strong Belgian league. He is also a strong leader that can maintain but also expand FC Copenhagen's position as Scandinavia's leading football club.
Jacobs also has experience on the international front. He has been assistant manager for the Belgium national team and has coached several Belgian youth squads, while he has also occupied several scouting and player development lines.
FCK Sports director Carsten V. Jensen highlighted Jacobs' considerable experience from many years of training activities:
- I am glad that we managed to get an agreement in place with Ariel. We have maintained great importance that our next head coach should have the experience of managing a club the size of FC Copenhagen. Ariel shares our basic game-related ideas and respects the club's culture and history, but also has his own thoughts on how the team should develop going forward. I look forward to working with him and look forward to the new season.
Ariel Jacobs will be presented at a news conference on Friday, at 15:00 CET in PARKEN.
Facts about Ariel Jacobs:
• Age: 58 years (born July 25, 1953).
• Previous clubs managed: RSC Anderlecht, Mouscron, Lokeren, La Louviere, Molenbeek, Diagem Sport.
• Other positions: Technical Director, KRC Genk; assistant coach of the Belgian national squad; Belgian youth coach for various age levels.